ANSWER’s mission is to create a network that advocates for community awareness, furthering research, better education and support of individuals and families living with Asperger’s Syndrome. We are an informational channel where ideas and resources can be shared utilizing public relations, the web and parent networking. We support training for educators in the areas of Social Skills, Daily Living Skills, Relaxation and Transitional Skills. We facilitate support groups for families and acquire funding to support research. We offer a holistic approach from diagnosis to independent living by making resources available and advocating for affordable intervention and support programs.
ANSWER geographically serves the Northwest suburbs of Minneapolis, MN. Our support groups & workshops bring in families from all over the Twin Cities and some from Greater Minnesota. Our website has a global impact and we have had inquiries from around the world. We are focused on meeting the needs of those impacted by Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), finding specific treatments and supporting education that is available to assist in understanding ASD individuals and helping to become productive and accepted members in their communities.
ANSWER – (Asperger’s Network Support for Well-being Education and Research) is a 501c3 that was formed in December of 2004 with a full Board of Directors in January 2005. ANSWER started with two families who each had a son diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome. They were brought together when their sons began a social skills group together. From their experiences and hopes for the future, they felt a local organization in the West Metro of the Twin Cities was needed to address Asperger’s Syndrome, High Functioning Autism (HFA) and Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS). ANSWER has been working to extend its scope of impact by unifying various support organizations and also by developing new programs and services to help people with Asperger’s diagnoses as they age and face new challenges.
The Mission & Goals of ANSWER:
- To develop a better understanding and to create acceptance of Asperger’s Syndrome, HFA, PDD-NOS by the public throughout the United States and the world
- To promote the education and training of those with Asperger’s Syndrome, HFA, PDD-NOS and to foster the development of integrated care on their behalf
- To further the education and training of parents and professional personnel for training, educating, and caring for those with Asperger’s Syndrome, HFA, PDD-NOS
- To promote and advocate for the general welfare of those impacted by Asperger’s Syndrome, HFA, PDD-NOS
- To serve as a clearing house for gathering resources and disseminating information for those with Asperger’s Syndrome, HFA, PDD-NOS, and their families.